The Holymen Of Varanasi: Photography Tour
To Register or for more information Call Us at:
Participants should have completed both doses of Covid-Vaccine for the tour
Varanasi is considered as a spiritual capital of India, which attracts devotees from all around the world. It is an epicentre for holymen who majorly reside in their dedicated ashrams or on the Ghats of Ganga river. “The Holymen of Varanasi” Photography Tour is designed to highlight the life style of holymen/sadhus and Life on Ghats. The complete series of portrait shoot will be exclusively designed for the participants to get the best possible Fine Art portraits with off camera flash technique. This workshop is one of a kind as the main interest of this workshop is working close with Aghori sadhus of Varanasi. If we are lucky with the weather we can click some amazing foggy artistic Life of Ghat series.
- Photographing artistic portraits of holy men and Aghori sadhus
- A local guide who has grown up with Aghori sadhus
- Mastering off camera flash photography
- Complete editing workflow
- Fog filled Ghat photography (Depends upon the weather conditions)
If you are fascinated by modern environmental off camera flash portraits this tour is designed for you. This is an advance level photo tour, which covers balancing your flash with direct sun light. If you want to build a strong professional portfolio of Varanasi and environmental portraits of sadhus this tour is the right choice for you. If we are lucky with the weather we would also cover fog filled life on Ghat series. Even if you are a beginner you can join this tour as we have ‘Person Pre Tour Support’ which clears all level of difficulties before we begin the tour.
Ashish Kamble is professional photographer and educator working in photography industry since 2009 (13 years). He has trained more than 900 students (B.M.M & B.A.F.T.N.M.P) in his teaching career as a visiting faculty in colleges affiliated under Mumbai University and in his own Institution ‘LotusBeam School of Photography’. His teaching experience helps every tour participant to clear their doubts from basic to advance level. To add further support we have specially designed a Personal Pre Tour Support policy at no additional cost.
Our maximum group size is only 5 participants for this tour, which allows us to give personal individual attention. You will get proper technical guidance throughout the tour. Our mentor Ashish Kamble is working close with holymen of Varanasi since 2014, he is familiar with the locals and locations which will help us to get the perfect shot. We also cover post processing session which is an essential part of photography as it helps the participants to bring their visuals into reality. We make sure that you go back with a satisfying powerful portfolio.
If you are new to off camera flash photography an online lecture will be conducted before the the tour begins to clear all doubts without any extra charges. If any additional basic or advance query about the gear or technique they will be cleared via phone call to make sure you are technically prepared for the tour.
After the tour finishes if you have any further doubts related to post processing we provide 3 hours 1-1 personal online support to clear all your doubts on prior appointment basis to every individual participant. Once a part of Ashish Kamble Photography and Tours you get a life time support to clear your general doubts related to photography on prior appointment basis.
By afternoon, we will directly meet in the hotel. After lunch, introduction to off camera flash photography. In evening we leave for Ganga Arti and explore the life on nearby ghats.
Leave early in the morning to explore and photograph the life on Ghats. Return to hotel and after breakfast review session on the images clicked. After lunch a final practice session with off camera flash and then leave for our first Portrait Session with holymen. In evening review and suggestion session on the images clicked followed by dinner.
After breakfast leave for our 2nd Portrait session. After lunch we will leave for our 3rd Portrait session. Depending upon the availability of sadhus we will finalise the shoot time. If time allows we will finish our post processing session at night or next day if participants are too tired.
In the morning one can take morning stroll again on ghats which is optional. After breakfast we will distribute certificates. We end our tour here with beautiful memories and photos.
Special Note: There might be change in the schedule depending upon the weather conditions and availability of holymen.
TOUR PRICE: Starting Price USD $350/-
Minimum 1pax and Maximum 5pax 1-1 Personal Tour or Custom Group Tours can be arranged as per the requirement.
TOOLS/GEAR REQUIRED BY PARTICIPANTS:
DSLR or Mirror less camera
HSS Flash with trigger
ND Filter (optional)
THINGS TO CARRY:
Personal hygiene and care products, Medicine etc.
- Boat ride fare
- All meals, starting from Day 1 lunch to Day 4 Breakfast.
- All local transportation required during the tour
- Photography mentorship and on field assistance fees, Tour guide Fees, Sadhus Fees
- Photo review and Post Processing
- 2ltr bottled water will be provided to each participant everyday
- Additional beverages, snacks etc.
- Travel from your location to Varanasi.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the Inclusion list.
50% amount needs to be paid to book your seat
Pending 50% needs to be paid 15 days prior to the tour date
75% refund of full fees if cancellation is made 45 days prior to the date of the tour.
50% refund of full fees if cancellation is made 30 days prior to the date of the tour.
25% refund of full fees if cancellation is made 20 days prior to the date of the tour.
NO refund if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to the date of the tour.
1) Does one needs to be fit to join your tour?
We suggest you to follow basic exercise routine at least one month prior to the tour date as it involves a lot of walking while carrying your gear.
2) Does one need to bring his own equipment
Yes its compulsory to carry your own HSS flash and camera. 6 stop ND Filter is optional
3)What about accommodation?
We will be staying in a hotel which will be on the ghat for saving time and energy.
4) What type of food will be served?
We offer Veg and Non-Veg food on our tour, but at times due to non availability of non veg food we might serve veg food(which is rare).
6) Does it involve hiking or trekking?
It involves a lot of walking as we are going to cover life on ghats and lanes of Varanasi.
7) Are Aghori sadhus scary?
They are full of life just like normal humans. There is no reason for you to be scared of them.
7) The Mentor can communicate in which languages?
Hindi, English and Marathi
- • Participant(s)/Guardians should understand the risks involved in any long journey activities before enrolling.
• In case of any injury, sickness, accident, death or any other casualty or loss or damage of valuables or luggage or any equipment; organisers, volunteers or experts or any other person involved wholly or partially, either individually or jointly with Ashish Kamble Photography and Tours shall not be responsible in any manner for the same and no claims of participants, parents, guardians, relatives or friends of participants will be entertained.
• Any expenses for all medical treatment and arrangements made by the organisers for the participants will be solely borne by the participant.
• During the Workshop, the decision of authorised representative of Ashish Kamble Photography and Tour shall be final and binding on all participants.
• Please be courteous to your mentor and other participants for smooth stress free Tour experience. Any discomfort please share with the organiser, we will try our level best to solve it in our capacity.
• The participant should make the payment only once he has gone through all terms and condition and is willing to abide by them.
SMOKING AND ALCOHOL
Consumption of alcohol, possession of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited during the tour. Participants who want to smoke are allowed to smoke in their leisure time only in permitted smoking areas. Smoking is prohibited when we are on field with other participants or in common meeting area. If found breaking the above Rules will be expelled from the Workshop/Tour and NO REFUND will be provided.