Lyari River bed when dries out takes us back to pre historic times with its incredible sedimentary rock formation and shapes. It offers foreground which adds an other worldly feel to your images. The visibility of Milkyway is very good in this area making it an ideal location for Nightscape Photographers.
Special Note: The visibility of Milkyway totally depends upon the weather conditions as the weather has really become unpredictable in recent years.
We request you to book your train/flight tickets at earliest as there are very limited trains/flights to Bhuj.
Star filled Night skies
Off camera flash & Light painting techniques with Milkyway Photography
Complete advance Milkyway and landscape editing workflow
Join This Tour?
If you are fascinated by Stars, Galaxy and Milkyway this tour is designed for you. This is a mid level photo tour, which covers advance Nightscape photography and editing techniques. If you want to build a strong portfolio of “Moon Land” like landscape this tour is the right choice for you. Even if you are a beginner you can join this tour as we have ‘Personal Pre Tour Support’ which clears all level of difficulties before we begin the tour. Individuals who are not photographers but avid nature-lover can also join our photography Tour to experience nature at its purest form.
If you are a complete beginner in Milkyway photography an online lecture will be conducted before the the tour begins to clear all doubts without any extra charges. If any additional basic or advance query about the gear or technique they will be cleared via phone call to make sure you are technically prepared for the tour.
An award-winning photographer and educator based in Mumbai, India. He specialises in off-camera flash portraits and astrophotography. Read more about Ashish on his website.
Arrive in Bhuj - Night Photography at Kadhiya Dhrow
Reach Bhuj airport/railway station before afternoon. First pickup at 8am then second pickup at 11am. Check in at hotel and rest. After lunch a brief introduction will be given on the photography methodology to be followed for this tour. After dinner we will start our journey from hotel to reach our first destination which takes around 2hrs drive. This route involves basic level of off roading at end, so incase if you suffer from any back ailment please consult your doctor.
Night Photography at Layari River bed
Early morning we will reach back to our hotel. Freshen up and have breakfast and then rest. After lunch we will start with our editing session followed by group discussion and photo review. After dinner we will start our journey to second location which is around 1 and half hour drive from our hotel.
As sometimes the temperature goes upto 39 degrees, to avoid heat stroke we don’t keep any outdoor activities in daytime. If any one wants to travel in day time they can do it on their own risk and expense.
Tour Ends Here
After breakfast we drop our participants at the airport/Railway station. The tour ends here and we head back to our home with beautiful memories and powerful photos. The check out time is 10:00am
Min 4 pax and Max 8 pax
* Single occupancy can be arranged at additional cost of Rs. 7,500/-
- All meals, starting from Day 1 lunch to Day 3 Breakfast
- All local transportation required during the tour
- Photography mentorship, on field assistance fees, entry fees
- Photo review and Post Processing
- Mineral water bottle
- Additional beverages, snacks etc.
- Travel from your location to Bhuj and vice versa
- Anything that is not mentioned in the Inclusion list
TOOLS/GEAR REQUIRED BY PARTICIPANTS:
- DSLR or Mirror less camera
- Sturdy Tripod
- Wide angle lens, Telephoto lens (Optional)
- Wired / Wireless Camera trigger (Optional)
THINGS TO CARRY:
Personal hygiene and care products, Medicine etc.
₹ 10,000/- needs to be paid to book your seat
₹ 8,500/- needs to be paid 15 days prior to the tour starting date
75% refund of full fees if cancellation is made 45 days prior to the date of the tour.
50% refund of full fees if cancellation is made 30 days prior to the date of the tour.
25% refund of full fees if cancellation is made 20 days prior to the date of the tour.
NO refund if cancellation is made 15 days prior to the date of the tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What will be our mode of transport?
If the group size is only 4 pax or smaller we travel by Innova/scorpio. If there are 6 pax or more than 6 pax we will travel by tempo traveler.
We will be traveling by vehicle to all locations from hotel. So anyone can join this tour.
3. What about accommodation?
We will be staying in a hotel with AC facility and has good ambience and connectivity in Bhuj.
We offer only Veg food for this tour. As availability of non veg is very rare in this vicinity.
5.Does it involve hiking or trekking?
Our vehicle will drive you till the photography spot which doesn’t require any long trekking or hiking. But it might include small hikes to nearby areas to find better composition which is optional. We personally don’t recommend individuals to wander alone far from the camping site. But just incase if you liked some near by location you can do small hike at your own risk, we won’t be involved in any type of additional support in whatsoever circumstances.
First location includes 25mins of off roading other than that specific patch road condition are good.
We will travel on tarmac roads to sand and gravel filled roads. It will be smooth and bumpy ride.
8.Does it really get Hot/cold at daytime?
The temperature sometimes crosses 42 degree thus we don’t recommend to travel in afternoon, at night the weather is pleasant.
9.Can any one join your tour?
This tour covers many scenic spots, so if you are an avid nature-lover you will get to experience the nature at its purest form. So any one can join our tour!
10.The Mentor can communicate in which languages?
Hindi, English and Marathi
Personal Belongings and Responsibility
- Participant(s)/Guardians should understand the risks involved in any long journey activities before enrolling.
- In case of any injury, sickness, accident, death or any other casualty or loss or damage of valuables or luggage or any equipment; organisers, volunteers or experts or any other person involved wholly or partially, either individually or jointly with Indian Photo Expeditions shall not be responsible in any manner for the same and no claims of participants, parents, guardians, relatives or friends of participants will be entertained.
- In case of any medical emergency while on tour, any expenses for the arrangements, medical treatment, will be solely borne by the participant.
- If a participant is found trying to make any changes in the existing itinerary or found misbehaving with any one will be asked to leave at his own expense.
- Incase of road block/traffic or bad weather conditions there will be change in the itinerary which be will made only by the organiser. In such circumstances no refund will be initiated.
- During the Workshop, the decision of authorised representative of Indian Photo Expeditions shall be final and binding on all participants.
- Be courteous to your mentor and other participants for smooth stress free Tour experience. Any discomfort please share with the mentor, we will try our level best to solve it in our capacity.
- The participant should make the payment only once he has gone through all terms and conditions and is willing to abide by them.
Rules And Regulation:
- Drinking is strictly prohibited on this tour.
- Smoking in your leisure time is allowed, but strictly prohibited when on field with other participants or in common room.
- Possession of illegal drugs, weapons and other illegal substances is strictly prohibited during the tour. If found breaking this Rule, participant will be expelled from the Workshop/Tour and NO REFUND will be provided